Food and Beverage
Brewery Hop Extraction, Wine and Liquor Aging
The Shockwave Xtractor (Xtractor) technology harnesses cavitation to apply energy to beer, wine and distilled spirits for better extraction and flavor enhancement:
The Xtractor technology is exclusively marketed by XtractMor, HDI's subsidiary dedicated brewery winery and distillery applications.
Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverage
SPX has exclusively licensed the ShockWave Power Technology from Hydro Dynamics, Inc. for food and beverage applications. The new APV Cavitator offers breakthrough benefits for heating liquids without scale build-up as wellas provides solutions for many of the most difficult mixing and dispersing challenges forfood and beverage processing.
This advanced technology can be used for a multitude of sanitary applications rangingfrom pasteurization to low-pressure homogenization. Benefits include:
- Improved process efficiencies (time, operating costs, and/or capital costs)
- Enhanced product quality, yield and/or raw material savings
- Extended process run times related to scale-free heating
- Elimination or reduction of process downtime from maintenance requirements
- Smaller footprint than traditional technology
- Designed for easy disassembly, fully CIPable and manufactured to meet 3-Astandards
SPX can leverage its extensive industry experience and process expertise to supportcustomers in applying the new APV Cavitator, along with many other innovative sanitarytechnologies for the food, beverage and personal care industries. To learn more, go to http://www.spxflow.com link below.
October 31, 2011
SPX Cavitation Press Release.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [143.6 KB]
ShockWave Power Technology on Processing Magazine Cover
In the food industry we are marketed under the Cavitator name by SPX and we made the cover of processing magazine! We have lots of cool applications from processing liquid eggs to dairy to pet food to beverages. You may have stuff in your house that was processed with ShockWave Power!